SATURDAY OCTOBER 19TH
at Palazzetto dello Sport
- from 1 PM until 6 PM: Goody bagwithdrawal: Bellagio Sky Race, Bellagio Half Sky Race, Bellagio Mini SkyRace
- until 3.30 PM: Bellagio Vertical registrations
at Piazza di San Giovanni
- 4 PM: Bellagio Vertical NSCK1 start on line
- 7 PM: Pierpa’s tasteful rice dish at Palazzetto dello Sport
- 7.30 PM: Award ceremony at Palazzetto dello Sport
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20TH
- from 6.30 AM: Participants meeting and goody bags withdrawal at Palazzetto dello Sport di Bellagio
- until 8 AM:
- Miniskyrace registrations
- Bellagio Skyrace registrations if breast number plates still available
- Bellagio Half/Skyrace registrations if breast number plates still available
- 9.00 AM: Bellagio Sky Race and Bellagio Half Sky Race start on line at Piazza della Chiesa di San Giacomo
- 9.30 AM: Miniskyrace start online at Lungolago Europa, race dedicated to youngers with route inside Villa Melzi park
- 10.15 AM: Expected arrival for first Bellagio Half Sky Race runers
- 11.40 AM: Expected arrival for Bellagio Sky Race runners
- 12.30 AM: Lunch start at equipped structure at arrival area.
- 3.00 PM: Last runner expected arrival time and sag wagon. Race closure.
- 3.30 PM: Award ceremony
SERVICE AREAS, SHUTTLE BUS AND PARKINGS MAP
WHERE WE ARE
Bellagio position on map
Average travel time by car from some localities:
- BERGAMO: 60 minutes
- MILANO: 70 minutes
- SONDRIO: 100 minutes
- TORINO: 120 minutes
- BOLZANO: 200 minutes
- VERONA: 130 minutes
- GENOVA: 120 minutes
How to get here with your car:
For whom arrives from Switzerland:
Best solution is to leave from Lugano and follow direction Porlezza then cross the lake by ferry with destination Bellagio either from Cadenabbia or Menaggio.
Otherwise take the highway from Lugano heading to Chiasso customs. Follow for Como South and then drive along the lake till Bellagio. From Como to Bellagio it takes around one hour by car.
For whom arrives from Turin:
After Malpensa exit continue for 15 km in Como direction then exit at Como Sud.
Here follow directions for Bellagio.
For whom arrives from Milan:
From Sesto San Giovanni follow SS36 north direction to Lecco-Sondrio, just passed Civate exit you will find exit for Bellagio.
From here you arriva at Parè tunnel (Valmadrera) where it begins SS583 (Strada Statale Valassina) which brings to Bellagio. From here continue fro 25 minues.
When in Onno town you will begin to see Bellagio penisula far away. From here there are 8 km to get in Bellagio.
For whom arrives from Valtellina:
From Morbegno enter SS36 with direction to Lecco, south.
It is possible to exit at km 20 and follow indications for Varenna where it will be possible to cross the lake by ferry to Bellagio. Cost is around 10 euro for one car and 5 euro for each additional passenger.
This is not a cheap solution.
How to get here by train:
Get in Milano at Centrale railway station and take train to Varenna (Lecco) then ferry from Varenna to Bellagio.
(please see below: Italian National Railways and Lake Como Ferry Lines)
Following hotels are offering special prices to Bellagio Sky Race 2018 participants, please contact directly each hotel to eqnuire for further details; do not contact us about hotel booking management as we will not be able to give assistance, thanks:
Bellagio and Surroundings
Bellagio is located at an altitude of 350 meters above sea level on of the same name promontory which divides the lake in its two southern branches of Como and Lecco. Renowned vacation resort offers to guest innumerable and different visit approaches.
Saint John the Baptist church (Chiesa arcipretale di San Giovanni Battista) in San Giovanni fraction, recently restored, offers a glimpse at Lake Como baroque while Saint James cathedral (Basilica di San Giacomo), located in the centre of Bellagio old town, commits as an excellent example of romanic art and architecture.
Gardens and parks of few patrician villas are positioned in Bellagio territory and can be visited, Villa Melzi d’Eril with its beautiful botanic park developing along lake coast and Villa Serbelloni, currently headquarter of Rockefeller Foundation with a park likewise beautiful and with an icomparable promontory view.
At short distance from town centre it lies pictoresque fraction of Pescallo, once upon a time a fishermen village where, from the same name bay it’s possible to enjoy an enchanting scenery with view on Lecco branch of the lake.
Old town centre offers best Italian and Lake Como products shopping occasions, typical restaurants and bars where it is possible to enjoy old town atmosphere or admire the view donated by Lake Como.
Also Bellagio mountain area offers different points of interest and amusement with cycling routes, hiking or to taste typical local kitchen.
Further informations about other available accomodations in Bellagio can be found at following website: PromoBellagio – www.bellagiolakecomo.com